Protomen - the Comm Forum Index
<  Brothers and Sisters in Arms  ~  Your own stuff.
Onslaught Six
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm  Reply with quote

Or something like that. I dunno. I dunno how many of us forumites make our own music, but I didn't see a thread for it...and I don't know if this is some big faux pas or whatever but here we go.

I make weirdass industrial metal. Sometimes it's awesome.
http://onslaughtsix.bandcamp.com

Visit my Bandcamp!
On Facebook? Become a fan! Or, uh, "like" me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Onslaught Six
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:20 am  Reply with quote

Please don't destroy me! I just want to make one post that I'm streaming my new album for a week and then taking it back down (in a cheap ploy to get more listens) before I raise money to press it. Link is in the sole post above.

Visit my Bandcamp!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crash426mnb
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 am  Reply with quote

"discussion of Other Music and Media from Fellow Freedom Fighters"

im pretty sure you fight from freedom so im pretty sure its all clear and good for you to say hey look at my stuff.

as for your music im going to ask you to tell me what you think we should listen to. i listened to virus and down in it from your best of 2009 thing nd have to say its not what i thought your music would be like. thats good and bad maybe...idk. i dont know if i like it or not to be honest. like i said though tell me what you think is your best stuff and ill give it a listen.

also side note: had a gander at the singng in those songs and im assumeing its you but i cant help but wonder how old you are. it doesnt really matter but seriously skills are in there. oh i should probablly have said this earlier but even if its not my taste in music i can definitly see the talent and i can tell there is a market for it.
Onslaught Six
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:55 am  Reply with quote

Sorry, I assumed everyone would know--the new album is Lamda Ecks: Enter The Machine (top middle on the front page) which is probably my best material in terms of complexity and style. It's the direction I primarily want to go in. (It's also got a redo of Virus that's much cooler.)

Serious Songs For Serious Earth is the next one I'm working on, that's why it has four demos. Production-wise it's very raw and aggressive but the actual material is basically...well, it's Metallica and Judas Priest parodies, so it's very fast, metally and it has terrible lyrics.

Also, I'm twenty-one if that gives you any indication towards my vocals.

Visit my Bandcamp!
Coyote
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

hrm. Not bad. Not really my thing, but good. Real good. Hella better than the crap on the radio.

crash426mnb
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

so i listened to *enter the machine* and the new version of *virus* and im surprised how calm these songs are. im reading the lyrics as i go along and i think the lyrics are pretty good but im just expecting the songs to jump out and attack me but they never really do. not sure if you are going for anticipation or not but its there. also i have to say this use of synth and i guess *metal* is quite interesting and something i personally havent heard before.(mind you im not a metal head)

i have class now but when i have time ill listen to more.
Coyote
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

crash426mnb wrote:
so i listened to *enter the machine* and the new version of *virus* and im surprised how calm these songs are. im reading the lyrics as i go along and i think the lyrics are pretty good but im just expecting the songs to jump out and attack me but they never really do. not sure if you are going for anticipation or not but its there. also i have to say this use of synth and i guess *metal* is quite interesting and something i personally havent heard before.(mind you im not a metal head)

Yeah. It's like a fuse burning kind of anticipation. Makes you wonder how big the charge is on the end of that fuse, if you catch my drift.

Onslaught Six
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

crash426mnb wrote:

Listen to Generator. Generator punches you in the face a couple times, and then takes you out in a back alley and rapes you with my vocals. Especially at the end.

Also, Deicide, Isolation and Destroyer are the heaviest tracks on there. Anomaly gets pretty epic in its last bit when the heavy guitar kicks in and the vocals come back in. And Destroyer seems even heavier because of the entire quiet song before it.

My advice is to listen to it in order. Concept album and all. There's a journey there. I just don't know if it's a good one.

Visit my Bandcamp!
crash426mnb
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

ok so since i got home ive been listening to the entire album and as of right now im on the song "future" heres the things i will say. it got better listening to it in order. definitly. the paceing is very well done and the slower songs are placed smoothly after something thats a lot faster.

problems i have though. for some reason it sounds like im listening to a bad qualit version of these songs. like they just dont sound clean or loud enough. its hard to describe.

i like the mix of the synth and guitar and like i said before i think the lyrics for the most part are pretty good.

bad though and believe me i really hate to say this. the singing sounds alittle young. i dont know it just sounds a little young. and some tiems its great and i think its good but then other times its just kind of dragging me out of the song.

last bad thing. i swear. the vocals feel overpowered by everything else going on. typically the vocals are ontop of all the other music going on but in this cd they sound like they are underneath the guitar and synth but above the drums. basically i need to turn my speakers up and just make everything louder idk.

like i said though there is alot of good in here as well and its a journey im going to finish and will definitly come back to.
Onslaught Six
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

crash426mnb wrote:
ok so since i got home ive been listening to the entire album and as of right now im on the song "future" heres the things i will say. it got better listening to it in order. definitly. the paceing is very well done and the slower songs are placed smoothly after something thats a lot faster.

Thanks for the feedback! I rearranged some of your concerns so I could address them better.

Quote:
problems i have though. for some reason it sounds like im listening to a bad qualit version of these songs. like they just dont sound clean or loud enough. its hard to describe.
last bad thing. i swear. the vocals feel overpowered by everything else going on. typically the vocals are ontop of all the other music going on but in this cd they sound like they are underneath the guitar and synth but above the drums. basically i need to turn my speakers up and just make everything louder idk.

Well. Everything's drenched in distortion for a lot of it so it might be that. Also Bandcamp only streams in 128kbps so maybe there's a little of that. I also tend to mix very quiet these days--I'm trying to avoid getting involved in the loudness war, so everything is very much trying to get underneath 0db. I designed the album so, yes, sometimes you really do have to crank the shit out of it.

Also, on some of the songs, the distortion I recorded with would actually cause the vocals to overpower everything else 'too much' if I cranked them up. I'm still working my way up through production but everything has gotten a lot better than my earlier albums like the Tidal Wave EP. (I listened to that a few days ago and dear God is it loud!)

Quote:
i like the mix of the synth and guitar and like i said before i think the lyrics for the most part are pretty good.

bad though and believe me i really hate to say this. the singing sounds alittle young. i dont know it just sounds a little young. and some tiems its great and i think its good but then other times its just kind of dragging me out of the song.

Well there's not a lot I can do. Generator probably sounds "young" because I'm actually intentionally going with a really high nasally tone. I think some of that's coming out in Digital Omega too, but Future seems good.

I think I've got my "voice" now, it's just a manner of getting it all down. I can understand your concern though, I just naturally have a higher voice than most guys, especially people in the metal scene where it's almost entirely about growling and lower-pitched yelling. It's not really something I can help at this point, I guess I just need to wait for my voice to drop with age. I'm at least using it while I can, though.

Quote:
like i said though there is alot of good in here as well and its a journey im going to finish and will definitly come back to.

Sweet. The last third of the album gets really epic, going from Serotonin on.

Visit my Bandcamp!
brightshininglie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:41 pm  Reply with quote

Well, here's some of my stuff. First up is my drone metal duo with me on guitar and vocals.

http://www.myspace.com/sanmiguelband

This is my solo noise stuff, which I may be able to get some new material out for soon.

http://feirei.bandcamp.com/

And lastly, my old band that recently broke up.

http://brightshininglie.bandcamp.com/album/what-power-is

Onslaught Six
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:13 pm  Reply with quote

Derp derp self promotion derp.

New EP out. Based on Trigun, it's Angel Arm!
http://onslaughtsix.bandcamp.com/album/angel-arm

The title track totally is like a mix between The Will of One, The Stand and The Songs of Fate.

Visit my Bandcamp!
Coyote
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:54 am  Reply with quote

Onslaught Six wrote:

The title track totally is like a mix between The Will of One, The Stand and The Songs of Fate.

NEEDS MORE RAGE.

Onslaught Six
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:45 am  Reply with quote

Are you joking? I can't tell if you're joking. Because there's a good chunk of rage in there.

Knives is a bastard. Vash kills him at the end. Fuck yeah.

Visit my Bandcamp!
Jazzie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 am  Reply with quote

Onslaught Six wrote:

Fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes.

This could be because Im a huge 'Trigun' fan, but I really like it. And I especially love the music.

It's funny too, I've been writing(or, atleast, trying to) 'Trigun' related songs and then I stumble across this thread, haha.

I fight for the desperate and the broken-hearted.