Protomen - the Comm Forum Index
<  Command Directives  ~  Official Comic Con/Conquest of the West Info
Heath Who Hath No Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:54 pm  Reply with quote
Protoman

For immediate public disclosure:

It has been a tumultuous time for we Protomen...what with the rebellion and all. However, results and explanations are at hand.

Firstly, we will quench the growing Unrest in the Midwest in short order...you have not been forgotten.

Secondly, Conquest of the West begins in 4 days, with our appearance at Capcom's booth in Comic Con, in San Diego, Fri July 27th. 1pm to 2pm shall be the time for slam dancing your peers, elders and youngsters to Makeup and Vanity's full 8-bit remix. Be prepared to be surprised....

That night shall also feature our Comic Con showcase in the Omni Hotel, within one-legged-hopping distance from the Con itself. So go across the street to Salon A, doors at 8:00pm. Free with your Con badge, $10 at the door without, and of course...ALL AGES. Come early....this is an exclusive event with very small capacity. It shall be furious, and also features Makeup and Vanity Set.

Sat the 28th brings bad tidings....KAVA LOUNGE HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY LOCAL SAN DIEGO AUTHORITIES. We will bring you news on a secondary venue as soon as possible.

Sun 29th brings the fight to Los Angeles, in North Hollywood with The Megas. Join us in joining with these comrades in the good fight. $10 at the door.

Mon 30th we attack Phoenix at Trunk Space, $5, ALL AGES. With The Coitus. Again, I stress this is ALL AGES, and that The Coitus is more of a band than a suggestion.

Tues 31st bring us into the Texas stretch at Lucky Devil's bar in El Paso. Rather than opening acts....bring your Guitar Hero skills to the table. A tournament shall insue. ALL AGES.

Wed Aug 1st, Abilene, TX will fall at Monks. ALL AGES. Abilene...isn't Ty O'Neal of The Mighty Ducks fame from Abilene? With Possessed By Paul James and One Wolf

Thurs Aug 2nd, Austin, TX at Red Seven. ALL AGES, with Moses and the Burning Bush. The Protobus has been outfitted to run exclusively on Shiner Bock and the blood of tyrannous tyrants. We shall have our fill.

Sat Aug 4th, Springfield, MO. At Outland Ballroom, 21+ only. Come show your rifles and claims to Simpsons fame to us and Makeup And Vanity Set.

Sun Aug 5th, Memphis, TN. At Neil's. At this point, the Protobus will be retrofitted to burn only BBQ riblets. And burn them we shall. Along with Makeup and Vanity Set

That is all soldiers. Carry out your missions with pride...we shall do the same.

-H Who, Esquire

Last edited by Heath Who Hath No Name on Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
soyenhighmount
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:52 am  Reply with quote

Comrade HWHNN:

I was hoping to give my assistance to the San Diego battles of the 27th, but alas the chances of that happening seem slim. Regardless, I will see you all in the desert wastelands of Phoenix.

Keep the fire.

PS- I made a crapload of copies of the Trunk Space flyer that's on Myspace and have been dropping them around the area, but one thing I noticed was that it doesn't say there's a cover. Oops!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:33 am  Reply with quote

NOOO!!!! why did my relatives have to move out of phoenix!!! I'd be able to get down there then!!!

BoyBlunder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

Sirs:

I shall bring with me the rebels of the west. The Omni Lounge show will be powerful and terrible and beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:34 pm  Reply with quote

Im curious.

At any point during this "Conquest of the west" tour, will the protomen actually GO to any portion of the west? Last time I checked, Texas isn't in the west.

Oh, sure, yes, 3 stops in california, sure, that's the west. But, that's all? I check this website 3 times a day hoping for ACTUAL tour dates on the west coast, and i'm expected to believe TEXAS is in the west now?

I think the tour should have stayed as "Unrest in the west" because that's what there still is, and still will be. However, "Conquest" works good in the way that the majority of western protomen fans have been dominated and their hopes destroyed by this misleading tour of the south.

If nessisary, I can post a few maps that indicate where north, south, east, and west are.

Hopefully i'm wrong, and my spiteful attitude is squashed, but from the looks of things, this tour is NEVER going to move towards the west.
TDG
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:13 am  Reply with quote

[R]Visitor wrote:
Im curious.

At any point during this "Conquest of the west" tour, will the protomen actually GO to any portion of the west? Last time I checked, Texas isn't in the west.

Oh, sure, yes, 3 stops in california, sure, that's the west. But, that's all? I check this website 3 times a day hoping for ACTUAL tour dates on the west coast, and i'm expected to believe TEXAS is in the west now?

I think the tour should have stayed as "Unrest in the west" because that's what there still is, and still will be. However, "Conquest" works good in the way that the majority of western protomen fans have been dominated and their hopes destroyed by this misleading tour of the south.

If nessisary, I can post a few maps that indicate where north, south, east, and west are.

Hopefully i'm wrong, and my spiteful attitude is squashed, but from the looks of things, this tour is NEVER going to move towards the west.

Jeez, I hope you're not being serious.

Last time I checked, the Protomen canceled their tour in the midwest so they could be at Comic Con. Do you see me or any of the other people in the midwest bitching?
Nobody said this was a full tour, they're just doing some shows because they're gonna be out there anyway for Comic Con. Sort of a "last minute" kinda thing...
Also, haven't the Protomen already been to the west? Hope Rides West?
Ring a bell?
Yeah. Calm down.

Ardy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:19 am  Reply with quote

w00t

I'll be at the CIA show to see you guys with The Megas!
MURPHY
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:52 am  Reply with quote
Protoman

[R]Visitor wrote:
Im curious.

When the funds come to help us conquer the entire West Coast, we shall. One must understand, we are located on the Eastern side of the USA, we have at least 10 men in our traveling army, the Protobus gets 10 mpg if we're lucky, gasoline is $3 per gallon, and we are not signed to a label, therefore no fronting of tour funds. In our human alter-egos, we have bills to pay just as everyone else. Taking off work for weeks at a time (some of us have to quit jobs and get new ones every time we tour) is not an easy way of living. Do the math, touring is extremely expensive for this army.

HOWEVER, the more support we get from those that believe in us, the stronger our chances are to tour. A year ago, we would not be able to do the tour we are doing now, so thanks to the many of you for helping this revolt grow over the years.

The "WEST" is anything west of our headquarters. Notice the "Hope Rides West" and "Hope Rides East" battle locations - we do understand how a compass works. Someday, someday, we will be able to engage in the "How the West Was Won" tour. But for now, if anyone ever wants to see a Protomen show, I suggest doing as several other supporters have - TRAVEL (ie. AZ fans flying to TN, western Canada fans flying to NYC, and countless other patriots that have driven thousands of miles for one night of victory).

We NEVER know when we're going to leave this Earthlandtown, so fight with us while you can!

CrimsonKing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

MURPHY wrote:
We NEVER know when we're going to leave this Earthlandtown, so fight with us while you can!

It was that realization that drew me towards the great citadel of New York last April.

I had a pretty good idea of the difficulties a cross-country tour. I had guessed that in order to pick up the battle on the whole, The Protomen themselves would have to suffer a good many defeats personally.

Opportunities cannot be put off because their execution is too difficult. Time is fleeting, there is no guarantee another chance will arise.

Maybe the day will come when I succumb to weariness and forsake the battle, maybe the day will come when The Protomen can no longer suffer the casualties they take to tour, maybe some day in the future this will all be no more than a vague memory... but now? We are young, our will is strong and the cause is great.

I cannot join the battle this time; the many thousands of miles, the lack of time necessary to get a passport, and a family reunion block my path; I can promise you I tried.

But while this battle will not be joined by me, I promise that on the night of the fourth, while The Protomen give battle in the great city of Springfield, in a little town in the middle of the province of Saskatchewn, at a gathering with all of those whose blood I share, Vengeance will sound through the vast prarie skies to honor the sacrifices made to keep the battle going.
[R]Visitor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:12 am  Reply with quote

I suppose I was a bit harsh. I just feel mislead. One state on the west is visited, during the west tour. Understandably, if it's west of your headquarters, that makes sense.

I'm sure there'll be more tours, and at least one of them will graze my area, so i'll have to wait until then.

Armed with full understanding of the situation, I offer my formal apology to the Protomen and the fans of the ill-fated mid-west tour.

I was being a bit selfish, I think, as well as acting while misinformed. It's part of wily's plan, turn us all against each other. I played right into his trap. Sad
BoyBlunder
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:42 am  Reply with quote

You realized the ruse soon enough to not play into his hands, friend. That's enough for us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:43 pm  Reply with quote

S'all good.
We're all on the same side here. Smile

soyenhighmount
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:04 pm  Reply with quote

I would add that the tumbleweed infested desert state of Arizona counts as west (or else they wouldn't have called it the Old West, and Tombstone, AZ wouldn't be known for squat). Just because it isn't on the *coast* doesn't mean it isn't on the western side of the nation... In fact, if you go to maps.google.com and look at the map of the U.S., then draw a vertical line right down the middle... You'll see that from Austin, TX westward, it's pretty much 'west'... Which basically means all of the shows on the tour except two.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:46 am  Reply with quote

soyenhighmount wrote:
I would add that the tumbleweed infested desert state of Arizona counts as west (or else they wouldn't have called it the Old West, and Tombstone, AZ wouldn't be known for squat). Just because it isn't on the *coast* doesn't mean it isn't on the western side of the nation... In fact, if you go to maps.google.com and look at the map of the U.S., then draw a vertical line right down the middle... You'll see that from Austin, TX westward, it's pretty much 'west'... Which basically means all of the shows on the tour except two.

My point was that these dates were more south than they were west.
Forte
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:24 am  Reply with quote

On the subject of the Unrest in the Midwest tour (which I am aware is on hiatus >.>), I have recently recruited a handful more soldiers to the cause of your crusade, Commander. They have recieved your message and eagerly await the day when liberation arrives for them and they are able to lend their hand to setting events in order that could open the eyes for many others. In the meantime we will continue to bring those whom we find to be likeminded into the fold.

During some of the regular meetings of our liberation cell, I have heard whispers that some of our more motivated recruits might be willing to lend time and effort to help with preparations for a battle here in the Twin Cities. We are ready for you when you are prepared to come for us.